17,500 SF CLEANROOM/LABORATORY R&D FACILITY RENOVATION-NEW JERSEY
The renovation of approximately 17,500 SF of an existing 20,000 SF manufacturing facility required engineering and design support for our design/build construction contracting partner. Our role was to provide working schedules and drawings including air and water side riser diagrams for pricing and construction in conformance with a tight construction schedule. Our scope of work included new mechanical, process and electrical systems to support the new facility including support of equipment in the new combination cleanroom/laboratory spaces.
- Basis of Design Setpoints: 71 °F (± 2 °F) and 40% RH (± 10% RH) year round.
- Humidity Control Room Setpoint: 73 °F (±2 °F) and 72% RH (±4% RH) year round.
- Full sequence of operations for all new equipment including all interface points with existing equipment and systems.
- New combination cleanroom and laboratory spaces.
- New 10,000 CFM make-up air handling units  provide make-up air to facility, new air handling units  dedicated to freeze dryers, new lab exhaust fans , relocated exhaust air scrubber from old facility to new facility.
- New 260 ton air cooled scroll chiller plant including secondary chilled water and process cooling water heat exchangers and pumps.
- Relocated 60 ton process air cooled scroll chiller plant from remote location; 2 chillers and pump.
- Provided new, stand-alone ventilation systems for two new Chemical Storage Rooms.
- 26 Lyophilizers, 17 Captive Air Hoods, 14 Fume Hoods, 3 Walk-In Freezers and over 40 Ovens distributed throughout clean room areas.
- New 2,500 MBH gas fired boiler plant serving make-up air handling units and reheat coils.
- New lab exhaust fans; 16,400 total CFM.
- Critical research areas have tightly controlled, year round temperature to ±2.0 °F and relative humidity to ±10% RH.
- Humidity Control Room has tightly controlled, year round temperature to ±2.0 °F and relative humidity to ±4% RH.
- Cascade pressure relationship between critical and noncritical areas to prevent infiltration and molecular contamination.
- Achieved a robust R&D facility with high heat load equipment (Lyophilizers & Ovens) and high ventilation requirements (fume hoods) capable of operating continuously year round , while maintaining strict environmental criteria.
- Met construction contracting partner’s tight schedule and deadlines.